Sunday, May 25, 2008

Brotherly love!!!


Something we do not see often at our house! All of the boys were so tired this weekend after starting baseball practice, swimming and playing at Grandma & Grandpa's, and "sleeping" in the living room as a special treat. When we got home from church today they were all whining and fighting as we prepared lunch. Aubrey went in to sulk on the sofa and after a few minutes Nathaniel went in there and just crawled up to snuggle with him. I thought it was so sweet to see them snuggling!

I have a funny story to tell about Eli. When we went to his room there were brown spots of poop all over the floor in a little semicircle. After getting very angry with him and spending about 45 minutes cleaning the carpet, I asked him what he thought he was doing and why there were spots of poop in a line all over the floor. He said "when I went stinky in the upstairs bathroom there was not any toilet paper so I had to wipe my bottom on the floor". Needless to say I had a few laughs after I got over the initial anger and shock.


On a sadder note, the loss for the Steven-Curtis Chapman family of their 5 year-old daughter Maria Sue has just consumed my mind this weekend. When I think about how close she is to Eli's age it is tough to imagine how hard it would be to lose such a baby! I also feel so badly for their son Will Franklin as he was driving the vehicle that hit his sister. Please be in prayer for their entire family www.stevencurtischapman.com --It has definitely made me aware that God can decide to take your children at any time and I should cherish and appreciate every moment I have with them.

No comments: