Thursday, March 08, 2007

We Need Prayer!!

We really need your prayer right now. We found out tonight that Eli has Diabetes. He has been peeing an extreme amount and I took his BS today and it was 600 which is dangerously high. We took him to the doc and they confirmed our fears. He had glucose in his urine and his BS was extremely high.
Usually they send you straight to the hospital like we had to do with Aubrey but since we have been through this before they are letting us do it on an outpatient level tomorrow. Eli had to have his first shot tonight which about killed me but he handled it very well. I have been crying all afternoon because I can't stand the thought of having another child go through all of this but I know it could be a worse diagnosis.
The strange thing is Aubrey was diagnosed in March as well at the same age. It is so hard to see your little ones go through hard things like this! Please pray that he will adjust quickly and that we will be able to control his BS as much as possible. Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

Rich and Lisa W. said...

Oh my gosh Missy... that breaks my heart. I can't even imagine what you are going through. That is one of my biggest fears also for Braydon. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and if you want to talk or vent, please e-mail me @ lisalyn11@hotmail.com. You are a very strong family and will get through all of this. Please keep us posted as to how Eli is doing.

Lisa