Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sick & Tired of being Sick & Tired

As far as health this has been the worst Winter in awhile for us. I had the flu last week and felt miserable! I got so behind on cleaning and laundry you could not see the bathroom floor for all of the clothes. I feel better but cannot get rid of the runny nose and cough part.
Nathaniel has RSV for the 2nd time this winter. He has had it twice and walking Pnuemonia twice. On Tuesday night we had to take him to the ER with a fever of 105.6! They did chest x-rays and confirmed that it was RSV again and they put him on steroids. Here we are 2 days later and he is still miserable. We are doing Nebulizer treatments every 4 hours and rotating between Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours and he is still wheezing and his fever is hanging on as well. The Prednizone is making him jittery and fussy and I had to give him Benedryl last night to help him sleep. The docs are saying that the way that his airways react when he gets a virus may indicate a future of Asthma. That really scares me to think of having 3 kids with life threatening illnesses.I feel so badly for him because he is usaully such a happy baby and he is just pitiful. He has not eaten in 3 days other than a few bites of fruit here and there and I have not been able to get him to drink much either. Please pray that he will get better soon so we can go back to having a happy baby. We are also very concerned that all of this sickness will bring on Diabetes. Infection can bring it on if your genetic code is set up for it. Pray that I will have the energy to take care of him, get the rest I need and catch up on all of my house cleaning/laundry. Thanks!

1 comment:

Michele, Bryan & Seth said...

Bless your hearts! The flu is no fun, but RSV is scary! Seth has been on breathing treatments, too--but luckily, he hasn't had a fever. We will pray that everyone gets better.