

Well the cute Basset Hound above is Louie. On Saturday, Aubrey & Eli, the "neighborhood animal rescue", came home with this sweet dog and said they found him crying in the "woods" (a few trees and briar bushes) behind our house. He had a collar and was neutered so I assumed he had an owner but he had no tags. I gave him some food and water and we began going around the neighborhood asking people if they knew him and were missing him. Of course we came up empty handed. So I got online and checked all of the lost pet sites, called the Humane Society and placed a report and description of the dog I found, and I called the Basset Hound Rescue. The lady at the rescue agreed to try to place the dog in a foster home but could not get him until Monday so I agreed to keep him until this morning. Meanwhile, the boys named him Bingo and walked him, fed him and played with him. They were really starting to get attached. The whole weekend he was really good and sweet with all of us. He kept going to the front door every now and then and whining. It was pitiful because I could not shake the thought that someone was missing this dog and I had no way to find them. I said several prayers that God would help us find the owner before we gave him to the rescue. Anyway, this morning. I was literally getting ready to put the leash on him to take him to the rescue and the phone rang. It was the Humane Society and they said a lady had just called in tears looking for a dog that met Bingo's description. I called the family and it turns out they only live a few subdivisions over from us. She just started crying on the phone and said his name was Louie and he was 13 years old. Her family had not slept all weekend thinking of all of the awful things that could have happened to him. They came to get him right away and boy did that tail wag when he saw them. I know you all probably think I am corny but I truly believe that God answered my prayer for that sweet old dog because God loves happy endings!
No comments:
Post a Comment