

We need your help with a big decision! You all read about Mickey Blue Eyes and how he came to be with us back in October. Well we are trying to decide now if he can continue to live with us. He is really mean when he plays and will attack like you are a mouse. We all have cuts and bites on us from his attacks. He is extremely playful and when he gets in that mood you can just touch him and he will lay into you. He has even attacked me while I was sleeping a couple times!
When he is in a sweet mood he is adorable. He will snuggle up close and purr and love on you. The kids still love him even though he has bitten and scratched them as well. Eli especially loves him and they have a really interesting relationship. I think he knows that Eli is the one who advocated his staying inside when it was below freezing! The thing is, the kids have wanted a cat forever and we could not do it due to Aubrey's allergies. This is the only cat that he has never had an allergic reaction to. I know we can probably never find another cat where that is the case. He is a gorgeous cat. I keep hoping he will outgrow this but he is 5 months old now and so far no change. My vet says that some cats outgrow it and some never do. The thing is we are about to spend some big money on nuetering him and declawing and I do not want to do that unless we know we are going to keep him. So all of you cat experts out there please give me advice on this one! Will he outgrow the viscious play? Will nuetering help any? Does he stay or does he go?
P.S. I think he knew I was writing this because he just jumped in my lap and started purring!
1 comment:
Kyle can relate to the during the night attacks. We had a cat that used to do that, but only to Kyle. I think after you fix him he will calm down. But the vet should have said that to you. But again, if he is declawed then he won't be scratching you. Out cat that we have was never that way. He still lets Hannah dress him up in baby doll clothes and she drags him around. Don't get me wrong, he still tries to hide from her but she finds him.
Post a Comment