Friday, March 20, 2009

The Naked Retriever



I know that sounds like a new name for a band but it actually what we have been calling our dog Jake. He is so pitiful. We had him groomed this week and I asked for a short haircut, not a humiliation shave down. If you look at the picture with the boys from his grooming last year you can probably guess which groomer we will be using in the future. She said when she tried to cut his undercoat it was so tangled that her clippers would not go through it so she had to shave it all off! When I first saw him I about lost it. The only places he has fur left are his face and tail.

Cat Update: Many of you have been asking about Mickey and what we decided. Well after 90% thought he would be much better after nuetering we decided to give it a shot. He has actually been steadily improving as he has gotten bigger anyway. He is at the vet right now and he was nuetered and declawed yesterday. He has to stay there until tomorrow to recover. My sister works at the vet so she is watching out for him for us. I felt really guilty about declawing him but he was starting to claw the leather couch and also had scratched Nate a couple times in the face on one of his play attacks. Any advice you have about declawed cats, recovery etc. please pass it along. We are just praying he becomes a calmer cat now that the claws and testosterone are gone.
Meanwhile we have a naked retriever and a grumpy and sore cat!

No comments: