Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers are a Gift from God








We have had a very nice Mother's Day weekend. My boys took me out last week to O'Charley's for dinner so that we could focus on mine and Brent's Mom this weekend. My mom was going to PA on Saturday so we did her get together on Friday night. Everyone made snacks and desserts and we all gave her money this year to spend on flowers for her garden. The boys wanted to make her a cake so we made a butterfly out of cupcakes.
The boys made me some precious pretty gifts. Eli made me 2 sweet flower pots with flowers (one from school and one from church). Aubrey made me a gorgeous glass candle holder with all different colors. Nate made me a special handprint with a poem. They all also made some pretty cards with special messages. Daddy also gave me a sweet card.
Brent's Mom and Dad came over for lunch today and we gave her a picture frame with a picture of our family and some decorative note cards. We had a nice lunch with an awesome chocolate pie for dessert and then we watched "Hotel for Dogs" which was really cute.
I am so thankful that both of our moms are close and we get to see them often. They are a true blessing from God and we could never make it without them!
I am also so blessed to have these 3 precious boys who keep me hopping busy but laughing on a daily basis. I know many moms out there who are hurting today because their babies are already in heaven. I also know many people, including my Mom, who are missing their mom's this year because they have gone to be with Jesus. Thank you Lord for every minute that we have with our moms and every second I get to be one!

No comments: