Aubrey had a blast at his 8th birthday. We had a Star Wars movie party. Our original plan was to have an outdoor movie party at our house but since there was a 70% chance of rain we relocated to Daddy's school. We had the party in the auditorium and it was mad chaos. Those of you who have boys know that when you put 20 boys 6-8 years old in a room it gets very loud and crazy! Although it was very loud, the kids had a blast watching Star Wars Clone Wars on the big screen and eating movie popcorn from the popcorn machine. Since Aubrey wanted a Star Wars cake this year with the charcters on it I decided to cheat a little. I made the cake and icing but I ordered an icing sheet online with all of the characters to put on top of his cake. It turned out nice and I did not have to stress about trying to draw characters!
Aubrey got all kinds of gifts including all kinds of Star Wars stuff, movies, DVD games, action figures, money, gift cards, crocs, a new fishing pole, a wii game and an RC Air Hogs helicopter.
After his party we headed to the campground for the campout that had been rescheduled from last weekend. Thankfully, some friends loaned us a camper so we did not have to sleep in tents. A monsoon landed in the middle of the night so all of the tent campers had to go home in the middle of the night. The boys were disappointed that we did not get to have smores but they really enjoyed spending the night in the camper!
Happy 8th Birthday buddy! I cannot believe how fast time has flown with my little man!
No comments:
Post a Comment