This has truly been a tough week for the Copes family! Aubrey got his pump on Thursday and they put Saline in it for us to practice. He has done well with it but we have made quite a few mistakes as it is a difficult thing to learn how to use. It has also been tough explaining to him why he has his pump now but is still getting shots. He gets insulin put in it on Tuesday at our last day of training. Then he will only have to have 1 injection for the tubing every 3 days as opposed to 4/day. We are very nervous about it so please pray that God will continue to help us through this huge transition.
Yesterday we had a big scare! At about 3am I started spotting. I was a little nervous but it stopped pretty quickly. I called my doc the next morning and he said it was probably just from overdoing it and to slow down. He said to call if it continued. Most of the day I was fine. At about 4pm I started bleeding a lot. I called the doc back and he told me to come in to the ER. We got there at 5pm and did not see a doc until 7pm. It was so crowded! Anyway, they first checked my fetal heartbeat and they were able to find it. They then did an US and it was awesome to see how much the baby has grown at 13 weeks. It was flipping all around and I could see hands and feet etc. It was so great to see that my baby was doing well. They said all looked good and they took bloodwork just in case. They said some women just have some unexplained spotting during pregnancy. I am very thankful that God took care of our baby. I am still a little nervous but I know He is in control.
2 comments:
UGH what a scare. When I was pregnant with my 1st I had that happen 3 times and it was horrible!
I am so glad everything is OK.
I am so glad to hear that all is well. Take that as a warning to slow down and be spoiled some! I will be praying for all of you. That has to be very stressful.
How exciting with the pump also. I can't wait to hear how that goes. We might consider that for Alex next year. Let me know how your son does with it...
Take care... Lisa W.
Post a Comment