








Well it has been a busy, fun and scarey weekend all at the same time. On Saturday, our friends, the Lovett's, (Sandi is above with me) hosted a fellowship at their home in our honor for baby Nathaniel. The silly picture of the boys above is their version of what to wear to a swim party/picnic/ cookout!
Most of our SS class came and we had a blast. The men barbecued while the kids went swimming and played on the inflatable water slide. The ladies talked and took care of the little ones inside. ( guess where I was? Not out in the heat!) The kids had so much fun and the food and fellowship was great! We got some adorable clothes, diapers, photo albums etc. and the class also went in together and got us a portable swing! We were so thankful because we do not have anything for this baby. When we thought we were adopting an 18-24 month old from Ukraine I sold all my baby stuff. We did not even have any bibs, blankets or clothes under 12 months. When I was putting all the stuff away it made me so excited to meet "baby Thaniel". I am getting more anxious now. We have 6 more weeks.
Now to the scarey part. When we got home we put Eli down for a nap. He asked to have Janie (Our rescued Boston Terrier) sleep with him. Since she does that frequently I agreed. Unfortunately Eli did not go to sleep. He was playing and we were downstairs and all of the sudden we heard him scream like he was really hurt. When I opened his door his face was covered in blood. He said the dog bit him. Well she has been a great dog and one other time she had nipped Aubrey but this was viscious. He had bite marks all around his mouth and nose and even inside his mouth. Eli can be bad about laying on top of the dogs and kissing them which we have tried to teach him was bad but she had never done anything to him. Anyway, we ended up taking him to the ER at Children's and he had to get 3 stitches above his upper lip. We did not get home until about 10pm and we made arrangements right away for the Boston Rescue to pick up the dog the next morning. The pics above are of Eli this morning. He actually looked a lot worse last night but his little mouth is still soar and he has been really clingy and tired.
They came to get the dog today which was tough because we are all pretty attached to her. We will miss her but we cannot risk another bite episode, especially with a new baby coming. We tried to go to church this morning but the boys were so tired and did not want to stay in their classes so we left early.
After church we went over to Brent's parents house to celebrate my birthday. (My parents are in Hawaii poor things!!) I am 33 today! We had a delicious dinner and cupcakes with Cream cheese icing! YUM. That cheered us all up some and we came home to take a nap. I think we are all jut worn out!!!
1 comment:
Missy,
I'm so sorry to hear about Eli... that had to be sooo hard. You and I have too many scary similarities like both our sons having diabetes and now the dog bite! I don't know if I told you about the same thing happening to my youngest son last summer. Well, I am glad that all is well now. Please take care and we can't wait to hear of the arrival of baby "thaniel".
Lisa-- lisalyn11@hotmai.com
Post a Comment