Friday, December 19, 2008

A Wonderful Man Goes Home...

Unfortunately, my family had to make a 2nd trip up north to Pennsylvania. We were there in July for the funeral of my Mom's Mother and last weekend my Dad's Father passed away. We know that he is so much happier now. He has suffered for a long time with Parkinson's Disease and was ready to meet Jesus. My pappy, Don Doebler, was a wonderful man! He always had lots of hugs for us and a great sense of humor. He and my Dad had an ongoing joke about whose belly was bigger. They both love to eat, especially "Zert", aka dessert. He loved the Steelers and loved my Grandma very much. I am so thankful that both of my parents were raised by people who knew the Lord as their Saviour and had strong moral character. I know that all of my grandparents had a huge role in my upbringing and the current values that we are instilling on our children. I look forward to seeing him and my Grandmother again one day in heaven where I can thank him for being such a wonderful example to his children and grandchildren.

The pics below were of the kids playing in the snow up North. They have only seen snow a couple times in their lives and they were so excited to get to play in it during our long trip to PA. The ice fireplace was carved by a pro ice-sculptor at a local park near my grandparents home.




No comments: